Multiple Joomla installations on the same xampp

Allgemeines Forum zum Thema Apache Friends. Bei Problemen mit XAMPP bitte entweder das Linux- oder das Windows-Forum benutzen. Hier geht's wirklich nur ganz allgemein um Apache Friends.

Multiple Joomla installations on the same xampp

Postby brian korteling » 05. March 2009 17:47

Hi there,

We are currently building a website but also have 2 in existance on a remote server that were being looked after for us. We wish to look after these in house now and need to get them on a local server. We have xampp running for our site that is under construction along with a joomla installation, I understand that I need to run seperate joomla installations for each site but these can all operate from the same xampp set up. We have been sent the databases for our other 2 sites and I have tried installing them with no luck does anyone know if what I want to do is possible and if so how can I do it?
brian korteling

Re: Multiple Joomla installations on the same xampp

Postby brergo » 07. March 2009 02:40

I am looking to do something very similar. I administer a website that is live and am working on creating my own. My own site is just on my local machine. I would like to be able to work with the live site I administer locally as well. How can I work on both locally? I have the mySQL database for the live site downloaded for my local machine but I don't know where to put it or how to toggle between the 2 sites locally. Any help would be appreciated.
brergo

Operating System: Windows XP

Postby brergo » 07. April 2009 04:06

Anyone have anything on this?
brergo

Operating System: Windows XP

Postby mictp » 27. May 2009 06:40

Do not know where/whats your problem is?

Simply create different SUBfolders - every with a complete Joomla.
Then start the standard Joomla installer.

Your folder structure may look afterwards like this:

root (d:/) [xampp]
->----- htdocs
-->----- joomla1
-->----- joomla2
-->----- joomla3

and so on ....

Starting each Joomlainstallation by: http://localhost/joomla1 (/index.php) and so on ...

p.s.: for easier working, the mySQL datas are stored (at my pc) like this:

joomla1
joomla2
joomla3
etc.

With this system it is really simpy to identify which SQL to which installation.

If you are smart enough (...), you could call the sites also with their live name instead http://localhost/....
mictp

Return to Apache Friends