Hacking tool found

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Hacking tool found

Postby Frederik Seyns » 01. October 2004 23:14

Recently I installed a new antivirus program, Panda Platinum Internet Security. He finds a file, pv.exe, in xamp/apache/bin that is recognized as a hacking tool and so auto-deleted.
The result is that xampp wont close using the xamp_stop.exe button and maybe does more things don't work, I haven't searched any further.

My question: is this realy a hacking tool or is it misrecognized, has it more (important) services that don't work and, maybe a little of the toppic, is there a way to cancel the deleting without disabling my antivirus?

Thanks

BTW More info about the hacking-tool can be found on http://www.pandasoftware.com/virus_info/encyclopedia/ficha.aspx?iddeteccion=97607
Frederik Seyns

Postby Wiedmann » 02. October 2004 22:55

My question: is this realy a hacking tool or is it misrecognized,

You have read the description at "www.pandasoftware.com"?

is there a way to cancel the deleting without disabling my antivirus?

Make a exception in your antivirus software for this programm. Or, install Apache and MySQL as service and forget the XAMPP, Apache, MySQL start/stop files and "pv.exe".
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Postby aklix » 24. October 2004 15:59

It is a legal tool that allows to list the processes active in a remote computer and end them.

Sounds like it's needed in the case of Xampp. Pandasoft's website seems to be buggy.
aklix

Return to XAMPP for Windows