Can't Access phpMyAdmin And Localhost

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Can't Access phpMyAdmin And Localhost

Postby sun1 » 16. March 2012 22:42

Moved from this topic:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=50081

Please I need help on my xamp 1.7.4. Other pages load to open successfully but when I clicked on the 'phpMyAdmin' tab to load, it displays:

Error
MySQL said: ?
#2002 - The server is not responding (or the local MySQL server's socket is not correctly configured)
Connection for controluser as defined in your configuration failed.

What could be happening please, and how can I fix it.
Recently I noticed that I can no longer access xamp with 'http://localhost/'. I normally use 'http://127.0.0.1/' before xamp can open. Please I want 'phpMyAdmin' back. Thank you.
sun1

Operating System: window7 H.Basic ServiceParck 1

Re: Can't Access phpMyAdmin And Localhost

Postby Sharley » 17. March 2012 00:14

Have a look through these #2002 solved forum search results as this topic is well covered.
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Postby sun1 » 18. March 2012 01:09

Thanks Sharley,
from config.inc.php

I change this $cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'config';
to this $cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'cookie'; it works :)

phpMyAdmin opened but requested username and password that I did not assign, under it I shown 'Cookies must be enabled past this point.' :!: :?: any Idea to passing cookies please?
and when I use my created usrname & psw it shows 'Connection for controluser as defined in your configuration failed.' still need help :(
I've search around the solved topic I couldn't get answers, I will appreciate direct link to the solution if available :?
sun1

Postby Sharley » 18. March 2012 03:22

Where did you define the phpMyAdmin username and password?

By default the user is root and there is no password so leave that field blank and hit Go.

Cookies are set in your browser, you will need to accept cookies for 127.0.0.1 (localhost).
Sharley
AF Moderator

Postby sun1 » 24. March 2012 00:17

Thanks, I defined at 'http://127.0.0.1/security/index.php' to set the security level.

When Click on 'Go' it shows: `Connection for controluser as defined in your configuration failed` even when I used those I created for security level,
however, am still finding out why it has to request for pass, :roll: :!: :?: the only editing was I changed ' config to 'cookie' as said above :| :?:
sun1

Postby Sharley » 24. March 2012 04:11

Clear your browser's Temporary Internet Files (cache) then restart your browser.

Reboot the PC.

When you set 'cookie' in the config.inc.php file phpMyAdmin will always ask for a user/pass combo.

phpMyAdmin is asking for the user/pass for root you set in the security page.

phpMyAdmin's username is root and the password you set in the security settings.

If you did not set a password for root then by default phpMyAdmin does not need a password to start up only the username root then click on Go.
Sharley
AF Moderator

Postby sun1 » 06. April 2012 16:26

Hurray! I can now fix it, Thanks Sharley.

What I did was to uninstall xampp. After that, I noticed that xampp folder did not disappear from the directory.
I opened it and delete all leftover files manual but 'msqld.exe' inside the bin folder only refused to delete, it says file is in use.
I left it restarted the system and install xampp again but still had the same problem, I uninstalled, then cut msqld.exe and paste on the desktop,
I deleted the xampp/bin properly.
I installed fresh one again, then it works perfectly okay, I can now access with 'http://localhost/xampp' and 'http://127.0.0.1/' and PhpMyAdmin and every tab availableI.
There's another fresh 'msqld.exe' inside the directory: xampp/mysql/bin/msqld.exe (perhaps, that was the problem!?!)

But the 'msqld.exe' I pasted on the desktop refuse to delete, still say file in use, though, is not showing any sign of destruction but it wouldn't delete.
Hope this would not affect my computer, any Idea?
sun1

Postby sun1 » 09. April 2012 13:28

After several days, I am able to shift deleted 'msqld.exe' on the desktop. And my fresh installation of Xampp is working perfectly Okay. :D
My approaches to restoration of my xampp 1.7.4 above will be relevant to people with the same problem too. GudLuck :)
sun1

Postby mylife2012vn » 21. April 2012 01:58

Thanks you very muck about this. it work..:D
mylife2012vn

Operating System: Windows

Return to XAMPP for Windows